A WordPress theme provides the design “framework” of your website. Most WordPress themes provide:
- The overall design (the look, feel and style) of your site
- Site-wide font styles
- Color scheme
- Styles for blog posts and blog archives
- Page layouts (or templates)
- Widget locations
- Additional stylistic details
Some themes operate like WordPress page builders, allowing you to create your own page layouts without code.
- Themes can be added via the Appearance > Themes menu in your WordPress dashboard.
- Using the built-in search function, you can find a free theme available on the WordPress.org
- Themes can also be packaged as zip files that you upload through the Appearance > Themes menu uploader in your WordPress dashboard.